News & Notes 893:New International Advisory Council announced
New International Advisory Council announced
Dear Community members, the Ministry of Education has announced in the Gazette of India the nomination of the new International Advisory Council of the Auroville Foundation.
We hereby shared the relevant section of the Gazette:
The Gazette of India
New Delhi, 11 October 2021
We will circulate at the earliest more information and some bio data about the members.
- Ms. Dena Merriam Founder & Coordinator, Global Peace Initiative for Women
- Ms. Gabi Gillessen, President, European Union of Yoga
- Mr. Hasmukh P. Rama, Founder Chancellor, AURO University, Surat
- Mr. Michel Danino, Guest Faculty, IIT Gandhinangar
- Mr. David Frawley, American Hindu scholar.
The Chairman of the Council shall be elected by the members of the Council from among themselves.
The term of office of the members shall be for a period of four years from the date of this Resolution. The members shall serve in an honorary capacity.
The Secretary, Auroville Foundation would be the Ex-Officio Secretary of the Auroville International Advisory Council.
~ The Working Committee
(Anu, Arun, Chali (TOS), Hemant, Partha, Sauro, Srimoyi)