News & Notes 749:Your Feedback Please - Land Protection Proposals
Your Feedback Please: Land Protection Proposals
Dear Friend, this letter is to:
1. provide you with a follow-up to Monday’s (May 7) General Meeting called by the Land Protection Group; and
2. Invite your feedback on their presentation and proposals
General Meeting Report: Land Protection Group Recommendations & Progress Report
- Land Protection Group Recommendations: The meeting, attended by 63 participants heard a presentation from the Land Protection Group (Carel, Martin Littlewood, Pashi, Paul V, Sauro, Suhasini) on their progress on and recommendations for land protection in Auroville. The presentation was followed by discussion and a question and answer session.
- NTDA & Land Purchase Strategy Proposed: The LPG outlined two possible forward pathways for protecting land in Auroville against unwanted development (development that does not operate within Auroville's values, principles and planning). These were:
- The formation of a New Town Development Area (NTDA) that included Auroville within it; and
- a coherent and structured long-term land purchase strategy.
- Where to Read their Presentation: Their presentation to the General Meeting is available online here: [...] and in print at the RAS Lounge, first floor Town Hall.
- How to Submit Feedback: To submit your feedback, please either send it by email to raservice (at) auroville.org.in or visit us in person on Tuesday and Thursday mornings (10am - Midday) in the RAS Lounge, first floor Town Hall, until 11/06/2018.
- For more information: please don't hesitate to email us at the above address or call us on 948 6623 749.
Your RAS Team