News & Notes 722:Update from the 50th Anniversary team
Update from the 50th Anniversary team
10 Crores approved for 50th Anniversary Capital Expenses.
Good news for the project holders! The Working committee has informed the 50th Anniversary team that the Government of India (GOI) has sanctioned INR 10 crores for Capital expenses (Construction & equipment). We don’t know as yet if there will be a second installment in the following months for general expenses. The 50th team has compiled all capital expenditures from the projects submitted in 2015-16 - A list of 28 projects in all. In order to organise the process of disbursement related to GOI funding, project holders have been invited to an information sharing meeting on Monday 30th of October.
Event Calendar Published on RAS Website
After several call to the community, the events confirmed from November 2017 through March 2018 are listed in a common calendar available on Auronet and on the RAS website. It will be regularly updated. Please send any new events to: nilen (at) auroville.org.in with titles, date and venue.
- Exhibition of Photos of Matrimandir - Paris (Nov 9 - March 2018)
- The French Ministry of Culture will open an exhibition of photos entitled "Globes - Architecture and Sciences explore the world”, featuring photos of Matrimandir from renowned photographer James Ewings. The exhibition will run from November 9th 2017 to March 2018. Members of AVI France have been invited to represent Auroville at the opening. Venue: Cité de l’Architecture et du Patrimoine. (The City of Architecture and Heritage), Paris- France.
- Exploring the Adventure of Auroville as a Universal Township in the Making - Conference & Exhibition, Delhi (Nov 22)
- The Delhi Expo in the Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts on 22nd Nov will focus on “Exploring the Adventure of Auroville as a Universal Township in the Making”. The event will feature a conference and exhibitions in Nov in Delhi to highlight the research and experiences of Auroville in the last 50 years.
- UNESCO event on Resolution 4.7: "Education for Democracy" - Delhi (Nov 24)
- "Learning to live together" in the UNESCO building on 24th Nov will concentrate on attempting to practice the UN Resolution 4.7. The UN Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development highlights with Goal 4 an "Inclusive and equitable quality education and [promotion of] lifelong learning opportunities for all." This includes education for sustainable lifestyle, human rights, gender equality, promotion of a culture of peace and non-violence, and global citizenship with the appreciation of cultural diversity, to name a few. This is the focus of UNESCO for the years to come.
- Auroville has been practicing for almost 50 years Integral and (with it) Unending Education. Based on our value matrix our goals are to promote a cultural diversity, non-violence, human rights and gender equality to foster Human Unity - in reach and outreach. Does Auroville have practical experiences which other educational environments could adopt? Can we contribute to the fulfillment of the Sustainable Development Goals 2030?
- Raise Awareness of Auroville in the wider public and the Diplomatic Corps
- Efforts are being made to raise awareness with the wider public and the diplomatic corps in particular, of Auroville's relevance for India and the World.
- A UNESCO resolution is also being prepared.