Auroville Village Action Trust
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|We have updated the software, but are still working on some issues.
Main issues: low performance, SemanticMediaWiki extension not working.
This is the trust that holds all activities aimed at development and support of society beyond Auroville.
Units registered under the trust
- Village Action Group – the original organisation, is currently focussed on women's empowerment, community development, microfinance with both women and men. Working in about 60 villages, covering a population of about 1 lakh.
- Life Education Centre – a small vocational training programme for village young women, with a strong individual development programme for each girl
- Social Entrepreneurship Association - running a social entrepreneurship incubator called UnLtd Tamil Nadu
- Auroville Industrial School – a technical training institute, preparing village youth for employment in the computer and administrative sectors through certificate courses
- Mohanam – a cultural centre in the village of Sanjeevinagar , runs a kindergarten and various other programmes, in both education and crafts, to revitalise the culture of the village
- Auroville Health Services – a programme aimed at researching the health challenges in the villages and coming up with and applying innovative solutions
- Deepam – a day school for handicapped village children, providing a full spectrum of remedial treatment and support
- Thamarai – a community centre for women and children in the village of Edayachavadi with various programmes for children and women, collaborating with the local youth, and hosting a local energy healing centre.
- Martuvam Healing Forest – a programme that cultivates local medicinal herbs and in so doing also cultivates the well being of orphans, local healers and artisans.
- Reach for the stars! - A project for financing higher education of youth from the villages around Auroville.