SAIIER 2019:Laboratory of Evolution - Centre for Human Unity
|Laboratory of Evolution - Centre for Human Unity|
Activities of the year:
This year has been fulfilling, as it has seen the completion of our upgrading of the shelves in order to protect our books, which are of course a most valuable asset also to the Research aspect of our LOE-CHU work. We had quite a lot of donations of books and magazines related to the main focus that has somehow emerged: Work on Body Consciousness and Neurosciences. Also, various Yoga magazines subscriptions have been offered to us, which underline the wide spreading of a meaningful life consecrated to Yoga in the West.
- I attended the Lîla-CIRHU Group weekly. This group is for research work on inner development in Auroville and how we can apply our inner growth to the collective ideal of Auroville. We explored the issues of linking the individual development, according to the integral yoga, with the collective work.
- I attended the Cell Consciousness Group weekly. This is an exploration with Bhaga in the implications of becoming aware of our body and cells' consciousness in our daily lives, and how this awareness has an impact on the whole being. We work on our central being, our qualities, and on updating our aspiration towards the incredible way given to us by Sri Aurobindo’s and Mother’s work.
- This year my individual research work was more on the different planes of the being, with a compilation of what Sri Aurobindo explains about each plane. I went through his writings and his Record of Yoga, finding His own way to reach the Supramental. The main thing, at first, which is interesting for me, is how we work on ourselves with our concentric system: mental, vital, physical, outer and inner and how our psychic being comes forward.
- This last year I mainly dedicated to deepening my knowledge and also to receiving a certificate in a field closely related to my research field: Yoga Nidra and altered states of awareness.
- Since I did not have any certificate in Yoga Nidra, somebody suggested that I attend certificated courses of Hypnotherapy, conducted by the Indian hypnotherapy school EKAA. The first 3 Hypnotherapy courses (Clinical Hypnotherapy) I didn’t find very interesting at the beginning. But once we started with “spiritual hypnotherapy” I felt that this is the field I am already working in and would like to continue: altered states of awareness, past life regression, future life progression, “Out of body experience” and healing. Even the teachers of hypnotherapy, who came here from Bangalore, were very interested in my research in the field of feeling the subtle-physical body and learning to act with this body. They claimed that there are very few people working in this field or having real knowledge and experience of it. They said that more and more clients of their Healing and Therapy centre in Bangalore are having experiences of their subtle-physical body. They would like to invite me to their centre to conduct a workshop there.
- I also attended the Yoga Nidra courses organised by the same school in Auroville. The final course and exam happened in January 2019 in Auroville.
- I had a strong experience using Sanskrit mantras and slokas in deep states of awareness, so I again took up Sanskrit classes. I had studied Sanskrit 15 years ago in Auroville and for 6 months at university in Germany. While learning again and deepening my knowledge of Sanskrit, I like include the mantras and slokas into my practice with people and workshops. Since my first workshops on Yoga Nidra, given in 2017-18, there is a group of Aurovilians who have asked to meet regularly and to practice Yoga Nidra. I also decided to start violin classes again, in order to include playing music in the Yoga Nidra practice with the aim of opening the heart and healing.
- I have been working on a book which I would like to publish once it is ready: “Out of Body Experiences through Yoga Nidra”.
- This last year has been mostly a quiet continuation of my regular activities in Auroville: documenting day by day the progress in consciousness of the different parts of my own being, including the body-cells; giving regular courses and workshops on Integral Yoga or any aspect of it for Aurovilians, Friends of Auroville and Guests, writing new posts on my Research Blog and my Facebook Timeline whenever something new needs to be explained or announced to the larger audience also interested in other parts of the world. The ever increasing pressure from the events everywhere on the planet and the unease or fear they create in the atmosphere and consciousness of people made this whole year a constant exercise in trusting the Divine Grace and calling for its help instead of counting on one’s own human capacities only as we humans tend to do. The main texts by Sri Aurobindo and the Mother that have helped me since long, and still do, often are the most precious also for others who didn’t know them yet, so I share them abundantly.
- Three new Researchers joined the LOE-CHU: Irena, Pedro and Cyril B.
- Irena is an official teacher of the 5 Rhythms Dance, and is or will be offering classes at Isai Ambalam School, Verité, CRIPA and Thamarai. She intends to develop different workshops for several different target groups: women, families, children of different ages, and professionals (filmmakers or others) working on their consciousness. She has been making films on topics related to Human Unity (her deep motivation for coming to Auroville) and will organize screenings of them that will be announced clearly as under the LOE-CHU.
- Pedro, who works as a teacher at New Creation school, has started assisting Bhaga with the Cellular Consciousness workshop.
- Cyril B., who is now starting his Newcomer period, has chosen to do the research work he is passionate about under LOE-CHU. His project is on the Law of Time and developing a concept/product for the application of what he has found.
Of special note is that many guests and Aurovilians come to our Library to get help for a better knowledge of body issues: movements, sports, as well as natural cure of diseases. This year we taught Ayurveda and Ayurvedic massage to a few Aurovilian ladies during the weekends, with the perspective of becoming more conscious of a healthy life and getting a better understanding of the laws of Nature, particularly the play of the 5 elements.
This year has seen the blooming of Neurosciences and through the many studies in our new books we could make a link with the knowledge given by Sri Aurobindo and the Mother. The main present theme of experiments being conducted on brains submitted to various emotions is the tremendous difference between empathy and compassion. Empathy is destructive and shows in the brain the same suffering as the one who suffers... it is clearly related to what Sri Aurobindo calls the vital soul, while compassion is constructive and is related to the soul itself.
- I developed tools that we can find in different types of yoga including postures, breathing, concentration, introspective meditation, as well as the observation in life of ourselves and others. These tools are according to each plane – mental, vital and physical – improving our possibilities of educating ourselves towards a psychic individuality, while making sure that we are going through a right observation of ourselves with humility.
- In our community, Aurovilians in general know more or less how to manage their own development, everybody trying to do their best, and each Aurovilian has his/her own tools, especially through karma yoga and by evolving towards the surrender and the aim of the integral yoga. My own interest was in yoga practices, connecting them with my daily life. My developing this research gives an opportunity to people who could not connect directly to the heart of Sri Aurobindo’s integral yoga to enter it through an understanding of an integral psychology leading them to a practical psychology in life.
- Everything I have learned has been included in the exercises I create for the regular “Yoga Nidra Practice Group” and also in the 1-day intensive I am conducting once a year. The regular group is attended by Aurovilians. The same group came to the workshop, which was also open to anyone.
- There are more and more people experiencing different states of awareness and becoming aware not only of their physical body, but of the others as well. Lots of these people are looking for more information, guidance and some get scared of their experience and I believe that the information I have to share, based on my 20 years of experience, can be very useful for these people.
- Lately there has been an internal evolution, which is that the difference between the Library team and the Research team is blurring. For several of us, whichever side of the work we were supposedly in to start with, there has been some specific research we have done for long enough in a certain field, which has translated into an expertise in that field and into some amount of teaching it to people interested.
- Next year I would like to continue in the same field of Out of Body Experience through Yoga Nidra: work on the book, create audio exercises (since all participants ask for that), give workshops in Auroville and in India.
- Following this year's preparation of a book about cellular consciousness in my own experience, another book is planned which will include material about (1) the gradual awakening and eventual spiritualisation of the secret consciousness inherent to the body-cells themselves, and (2) the gradual emergence in daily life of specific psychological influences, negative or positive, from other lifetimes, that have to be resolved and dissolved in this lifetime.