SAIIER 2013:Savitri Bhavan outreach activities
Savitri Bhavan learning materials
Translation into Bulgarian language of Sri Aurobindo and The Mother
|Savitri Bhavan outreach activities|
By providing a regular programme of varied educational activities suitable for various interest groups, the aim is to spread awareness of the vision and work of Sri Aurobindo and the Mother and the aims and ideals of Auroville amongst different types of people from varying educational, social and cultural backgrounds, and of different age groups.
The following regular activities were offered weekly throughout the year:
|Name||Led by||Number of sessions held||Average participation|
|Savitri Study Circle||Shraddhavan||53||50|
|On The Mother||Dr. Ananda Reddy||39||40|
|Integral Yoga in Savitri||Dr. Ananda Reddy||4 (beginning March 2013)||40|
|Savitri Study in Tamil (at Savitri Bhavan)||Sudarshan||40||7|
|Savitri Study in Tamil (at Arulvazhi School)||Buvanasundari||46||15|
|Mother‘s Recorded Talks||Gangalakshmi||49||5|
|Reading The Life Divine||Shraddhavan||49||30|
|The English of Savitri||Shraddhavan||50||25|
In addition the following special events took place:
- Meditations on Savitri: Books 2 and 3 – April to October 2012 and Books 4, 5, 6 and 7 – December 2012 to March 2013
- Parables of Dawn: Digital Paintings by Juergen P. – 6-28 April 2012
- Saraswati: Painting on stone by Emmanuele – July and August 2012
- The Birth of the Sun: Savitri paintings by Sivkumar Paliya – 6-31 July 2012
- Golconde: texts, photographs and plans compiled by Gauri Pinto – 6-31 August 2012
- Geometry of the heart: Digital paintings by Juergen P. – 15.12.12- 26.01.13
- The Mother’s Yoga 1956-1973: texts and photographs compiled by Loretta – 14.02- 6.03.13
Dance and Musical performances
- Solo violin recital by Ladislav Brozman – 08.09.12
- Togetherness: performance by the Dua Space Dance Theatre troupe from Malaysia – 20.01.13
- Sacred Circle Dances: group meditation movement for oneness facilitated by Irene Reintjens – 17.01.13
- Stars in the Soup: programme of poetry and music by Shraddhavan and Gordon Korstange – 07.02.13
- Krishna’s Flute: more poems and music by Shraddhavan and Gordon Korstange – 07.03.13
- Bansuri and Vocal concert by Kees van Boxtel and Caroline – March 21, 2013
42 weekly showings with an average attendance of 20 people.
Talks and Presentations
- 2 Orientation Sessions for Newcomers to Auroville arranged by the Entry Service, September 11-13, 2012 and March 27, 2013.
- 6 pranayama or inner healing workshops led by JV Avadhanalu, (5 sessions of 1 hour each each).
- 56 workshops (3 hours each) on “The Integral Yoga of Sri Aurobindo and the Mother” led by Ashesh Joshi.
- 1 course on “Critical thinking: modern symbolic logic” led by Shivi Elambooranan (5 sessions of 45 minutes each).
- 1 course on “The Philosophy of evolution: mind and supermind” led by Rod Hemsell (5 sessions of 45 minutes each).
As a result of these varied activities large numbers of Aurovilians, both adults and children, as well as visitors from all over India and many other countries, have been made aware of the work and vision of Sri Aurobindo and the Mother and the aims and ideals of Auroville.