Project Coordination Group (PCG)
In 1986 the Project Coordination Group (PCG) was created to interact with the Foundation for World Education (FWE) and Stichting De Zaaier (SDZ) for their yearly funding of Auroville projects. PCG collects, evaluates and prioritises projects and sends the selected projects to these organisations, which decide on their funding.
Aims and Objectives
To stimulate the development of Auroville by:
- coordinating Auroville's grant proposing activities on an administrative level
- interacting with FWE and Stichting De Zaaier for their yearly funding of Auroville projects
- providing assistance in grant proposal writing
- developing documentation and information material on Auroville and its activities for fundraising purposes
- developing a fundraising resource centre that provides information on donors and funding agencies in India, the United States, and other countries worldwide.
Members and Affiliations
There are presently nine members who have been chosen by the group itself. Coordinators are Pala and Sauro. The members are roughly representing Rural Development, Food & Agriculture, Environment, Development Group, Health, Education, Auroville International and Auroville in general.
The group meets about six times a year and publishes an annual report in the News & Notes.
- E-mail: pcg (at) auroville.org.in
- Phone: (041) 262-2250