- “Indeed, for passing into the supramental being it isn’t necessary to pass though the overmind ...
I don’t understand.
- I mean that for contacting or reaching this SUPRA-mental consciousness or being, it is not necessary to pass through the overmental being.
What do you call “overmental being”?
- What Sri Aurobindo calls “overmind”.
Oh, no! No.
- I see. Not necessary.
What Sri Aurobindo called overmind is the realm of the gods.
- So it isn’t necessary to pass through that.
Oh, no, the realm of the gods ... stands apart. I don’t think it has much to do with the earth’s problems. Only sometimes those gods enjoy meddling in earthly affairs. But they don’t have much in common with the great Movement of transformation.
- Yes, quite so.
They are immortal, aren’t they, they are free (to a large extent, they are free and immortal). They have taken part in the earth’s development only out of curiosity, as a sort of pastime!
They may have helped humanity to understand that there is something beyond earth-life.
That was their usefulness.
At one time (laughing), I was very close to all these beings, they used to manifest in me, they would – well, they enjoyed it! And I enjoyed it, too! I was interested; but I never considered it as something essential.”
- Mother's Agenda 1972-1973, 15 April 1972