News & Notes 723:Vaasal
Vanakkam, we are happy to announce that we are publishing Vaasal (‘Entrance’), a new magazine in English about Tamil art, culture, language and society in Auroville. Our Vaasa intends to do the following things:
- Enjoy: Showcase Tamil literature, music and art in a way that is accessible to everyone.
- Meet: Introduce senior Tamil Aurovilians, workers to the community at large.
- Think: Introduce important ideas and rituals along with an open offer to participate.
- Speak: Act as a friendly first step into the Tamil language for those who are frustrated by their language inability and wish to learn to enjoy themselves in this beautiful language.
- Integrate: In light of Mother’s words that Tamil culture is an essential part of the integral yoga of Auroville, to bring the Tamil and non-Tamil parts of Auroville closer together.
We invite all readers to download the first issue at the following web address: http://tinyurl.com/vaasal
PDF (8 pages)
We welcome contributors to Vaasal, and we have many existing materials that we would like to share with the community.
Please send us your thoughts, ideas and feedback to: tamil (at) auroville.org.in
Anbudhan (only with love), R. Meenakshi, Jonathan and the team at Ilaignarkal School