News & Notes 721:House of Mother's Agenda
- Aware of his occult omnipotent Source,
- Allured by the omniscient Ecstasy,
- A living centre of the Illimitable
- Widened to equate with the world’s circumference,
- He turned to his immense spiritual fate.
- Abandoned on a canvas of torn air,
- A picture lost in far and fading streaks,
- The earth-nature’s summits sank below his feet:
- He climbed to meet the infinite more above.
- The Immobile’s ocean-silence saw him pass,
- An arrow leaping through eternity
- Suddenly shot from the tense bow of Time,
- A ray returning to its parent sun.
- Opponent of that glory of escape,
- The black Inconscient swung its dragon tail
- Lashing a slumbrous Infinite by its force
- Into the deep obscurities of form:
- Death lay beneath him like a gate of sleep.
- One-pointed to the immaculate Delight,
- Questing for God as for a splendid prey,
- He mounted burning like a cone of fire.
- To a few is given that godlike rare release.
- One among many thousands never touched,
- Engrossed in the external world’s design,
- Is chosen by a secret witness Eye
- And driven by a pointing hand of Light
- Across his soul’s unmapped immensitudes.
- A pilgrim of the everlasting Truth,
- Our measures cannot hold his measureless mind;
- He has turned from the voices of the narrow realm
- And left the little lane of human Time.
- In the hushed precincts of a vaster plan
- He treads the vestibules of the Unseen,
- Or listens following a bodiless Guide
- To a lonely cry in boundless vacancy.
- All the deep cosmic murmur falling still,
- He lives in the hush before the world was born,
- His soul left naked to the timeless One.
- Far from compulsion of created things
- Thought and its shadowy idols disappear,
- The moulds of form and person are undone:
- The ineffable Wideness knows him for its own.
- A lone forerunner of the Godward earth,
- Among the symbols of yet unshaped things
- Watched by closed eyes, mute faces of the Unborn,
- He journeys to meet the Incommunicable,
- Hearing the echo of his single steps
- In the eternal courts of Solitude.
- A nameless Marvel fills the motionless hours.
- His spirit mingles with eternity’s heart
- And bears the silence of the Infinite.
Savitri, Book I, Canto V:
“The Yoga of the King: The Yoga of the Spirit’s Freedom and Greatness”
|The Ponder Corner:||“If the central will is sincere, each recognition of a mistake can become a stepping-stone to a truer movement and a higher progress.”|
Letters on Yoga - IV, p.502