News & Notes 717:School of Design Auroville (SoDA)
School of Design Auroville (SoDA)
The School of Design - Auroville (SoDA) is an aspiring initiative to share knowledge from experts to learning aspirants. Educating interested people especially youth on relevant open source engineering design can support many experiments carried in the past and help new sustainable products being designed and developed inside Auroville. At SoDA we are building a knowledge bank of Engineering & Design expertise. Our experts can be from Auroville/ outside happily coming together focusing on a selective program to knowledge transfer on particular time period. We have planned few list of knowledge sharing activities. Our activities will be carried out at New Era Secondary School (NESS) Campus and Udhavi School STEM land initially. As a Pilot run to the above initiative, our first program is going to be a 20 hours week short term course on Sound Engineering Basics.
Program Title: Sound Engineering Basics
- Expert Name: HarshaVardhan, School of Audio Engineering, Auckland, NZ
- Course Content: Sound Basics and Ear, Equalisation and microphone, Protools demo and Mixing, Acoustics
- Learning Outcomes:
- 1) Sound basics and Ear - frequency, effects, how ear works
- 2) Equalisation and microphone - getting into technical stuff and how to EQ and learn types of microphone
- 3) Pro tools and mixing - here things get bit complicated and interesting, people will get idea of producing music or take it to next level
- 4) Acoustic basics - tell you how architecture help you will hearing sounds, they will have idea when they visit a temple after the acoustic lecture
- 5) Why choose Audio Engineering as a Career option?
- Program duration: 4 Weekends, 2-3 hours per session
- Student Prerequisites: Interest to learn about Audio Engineering and No need to have any special knowledge to learn this program
- Venue: NESS, Auroville , STEMLand, Udhavi school & ASSET Centre, Auroville
- Selection Process: Send your interest to attend this program to our email- sivakumar (at) auroville.org.in
- Contributions/Fee: Auroville being the place for unending education, this program is to be offered at free of cost.
Contact Number for any Queries Regarding the Program:
09655531301 , 9486142850, 0413-2622662
ness (at) auroville.org.in, assetcentre (at) gmail.com
We will await your response until 2nd October for enrolment.
Thanks and regards,
SoDA Team - Sivakumar (Aurelec), Anbu (NESS), Santhosh (NESS), Sanjeev R. (STEM Land)