News & Notes 712:SAIIER report of Bajaj CSR process
SAIIER report of Bajaj CSR process
We would like to share an update on our work managing the Bajaj CSR grant.
SAIIER learned in May 2017 that it had been chosen by Bajaj Auto to receive a grant of Rs. 1,00,00,000 (1 crore) under the Bajaj Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) scheme. The SAIIER Board made a call to the Auroville community for projects that might be supported with the grant, taking into consideration the purpose for which the grant was given, namely ‘Promoting Education’. An announcement was made via News & Notes and Auronet.
48 abstracts were submitted to SAIIER by members of the community. These were reviewed by a sub-group of the SAIIER Board (Chali, Lucas, Jean-Yves, Sanjeev A., Sanjeev R., Sauro) for their applicability and potential for support under the Bajaj CSR scheme. 20 of the 48 abstracts were selected for elaboration, and the project holders for these were requested to submit a detailed project proposal.
Once received, the detailed proposals were reviewed and discussed by the sub-group. Clarifications were solicited from the project holders as needed, and a decision was made for each project. Of the 20 projects, 13 were chosen to receive full or partial support. The 13 projects are listed below. Descriptions of them can be read at: http://wiki.auroville.org.in/w/images/0/0c/Report_from_the_SAIIER_office_ANNEXURE.pdf.
- Completion of Watchtower at Auroville Botanical Gardens (Rs. 88,080)
- Garden of Indian Culture and Heritage (Rs. 18,03,000)
- Isai Ambalam School Transformation Program (Rs. 6,52,370)
- STEM Smart Classroom and Training Center (Rs. 10,90,954)
- Blue Rays Ultimate Frisbee Development Program (Rs. 1,31,000)
- Research & Development of a New Integral Music Pedagogy (Rs. 5,00,000)
- Creating Awareness of Azolla Production among Adolescents and Promoting Azolla Cultivation by Farmers in the Auroville Bioregion (Rs. 3,53,100) [Pitchandikulam]
- Scholarship Fund with enlarged budget (Rs. 10,00,000)
- EcoPro Sanitation Education in Boodheri (Rs. 4,50,000)
- Promotion of sports and culture in Auroville and the Bioregion (Rs. 10,00,000) [AVSRC]
- Awareness programs for a plastic-free world (Rs. 2,69,500) [KCC]
- Upcycling Studio Gallery and Permanent Exhibition (Rs. 7,19,500)
- 'kNOw PLASTICS' Educational Programme (Rs. 6,50,000) [WasteLess]
The SAIIER Board (Ashoke, Chali, Clare, Jean-Yves, Jyoti K., Lucas, Michael H., Sanjeev A., Sanjeev R., Sauro)