- Each gave its powers to help its neighbours’ parts,
- But suffered no diminution by the gift;
- Profiteers of a mystic interchange,
- They grew by what they took and what they gave,
- All others they felt as their own complements,
- One in the might and joy of multitude.
(Otto:) “If you belong to this place, because you're Mother's child, you will be taken care of, ultimately. This confidence you have to have. And if it's not there, it becomes a mind game, and that is not enough.”
Some old experiments
- Auras (2012): See Auras
- ACCESS (2008): Auroville's Conscious Community Exchange System for Sustainability (ACCESS) was active in 2008. It was an online community-based exchange network that used virtual credits - an alternative, parallel, complementary currency system.
- Circles (2000): Circles were groups of 10-30 Aurovilians working on experimental approaches to dealing with day-to-day economic issues. Circles facilitated sharing and awareness of each others' lives, the idea being for small groups to develop mutual trust and concern. Circles were also a way for participants to better understand the overall economic flows of Auroville.
- Savitri, p.326, “The House of the Spirit and the New Creation”
- “Fear, Faith and Finance with Otto” (Auroville Radio)