- “Satyendra: It is supposed that while cow's milk is good, buffalo's milk makes the brain dull. Doctors don't prescribe it. Why don't you take milk. Sir?
Sri Aurobindo: Because I don't care to.
- Satyendra: It is very good for the blood.
I have plenty of blood, I think.
- Dr. Becharlal: Milk is said to be good for spirituality.
It is no better than Nirod's brinjal. (Laughter) The Mother and I don't take milk. There are many people who have taken milk for many years — even ten years — but I don't know that they have progressed spiritually. Punnuswamy, who was suffering from an ulcer, took nothing but milk.
- Dr. Becharlal: Milk is believed to be an ideal food.
I have no idea.
- Nirodbaran: Dr. Becharlal is rather fond of milk.”
- Talks with Sri Aurobindo (Vol. 2), p.518, 1 March 1940