Bajaj Auto projects supported 2017-18
Auroville learned in May 2017 that it had been chosen by Bajaj Auto to receive a grant of Rs. 1,00,00,000 (1 crore) under its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) scheme. SAIIER was chosen to administer this grant. SAIIER made a call to the Auroville community for projects that might be supported with the grant, taking into consideration the purpose for which the grant was given: ‘Promoting Education’. 48 abstracts were submitted to SAIIER by members of the community; these were reviewed by the SAIIER Board for their applicability and potential for support under the Bajaj CSR scheme.
Twenty of the 48 abstracts were selected for elaboration, and the project holders for these were requested to submit a detailed project proposal. Once received, the detailed proposals were reviewed and discussed by the SAIIER Board, clarifications were solicited from the project holders as needed, and a decision was made for each project. Of the 20 projects, 12 were chosen to receive full or partial support.
Throughout the 2017-18 financial year SAIIER coordinated with these projects, activating and following their work and producing quarterly reports to Bajaj.
1. Garden of Indian Culture and Heritage at Auroville Botanical Gardens
2. ‘kNOw PLASTICS’ Educational Programme, by WasteLess
3. STEM iSmart Classroom and Training Center
4. Promotion of sports and culture in Auroville and the Bioregion, by Auroville Sports Resource Centre.
6. Upcycling Studio Gallery and Permanent Exhibition at the Visitor's Center
7. Isai Ambalam School Transformation Program
8. Sanitation Education in Boodheri village, by EcoPro
9. Creating Awareness of Azolla Production among Adolescents and Promoting Azolla Cultivation by Farmers in the Auroville Bioregion, by Pitchandikulam Forest
10. Awareness programs for a plastic-free world, by Kuilapalayam Cultural Centre
11. Blue Rays Ultimate Frisbee Development Program
12. Completion of Watchtower at Auroville Botanical Gardens