=1 "The Call of the Impossible"
The Call of the Impossible
- A godhead moves us to unrealised things.
- Asleep in the wide folds of destiny,
- A world guarded by Silence’ rustling wings
- Shelters their fine impossibility:
- But parting quiver the caerulean gates;
- Strange splendours look into our dreaming eyes;
- We bear proud deities and magnificent fates;
- Faces and hands come near from Paradise.
- What shines above, waits darkling here in us:
- Bliss unattained our future’s birthright is,
- Beauty of our dim souls grows amorous,
- We are the heirs of infinite widenesses.
- The impossible is our mask of things to be,
- Mortal the door to immortality.