SAIIER 2013:Auroville Film Festival Educational Outreach Programme
Kalabhumi Music Studio
Attending the International Film Festival of India
|Auroville Film Festival Educational Outreach Programme|
Using the creative medium of filmmaking, can we ‘train’ children to express their deep aspirations and reflect their spiritual environment?
Our objective with this project was to explore and research the theme of human unity through the creative medium of Filmmaking.
- Two-month intensive course with 7th grade students of Aikiyam School.
- Course in stop-motion animation in Deepanam School.
- Course in stop-motion animation in TLC.
- Course in stop-motion animation in Transition School.
- Course in stop-motion animation in Aikiyam School.
- Course in digital filmmaking in Udavi School.
- Course in digital filmmaking in AIAT (Auroville Institute of Applied Technology).
- One year course in digital filmmaking in Future School.
- A partnership with One People Productions and its International Schools Project.
7 short films made in our program this year are uploaded onto Auroville TV. All the films were screened during the Auroville Film Festival 2013.
This programme of filmmaking provides children with a technique to express creatively and artistically. Filmmaking trains the intellect, particularly the faculty of discrimination. The programme also promoted cultural exchange between schools, and cultural dialogue with the wider public, with a special focus on themes of human unity.